Friday, March 5, 2010

Green for March

March is here! Oh lovely March. The month of Spring and St. Patrick's Day. The month of Ireland.

I love Ireland. I'm part Irish, and I like everything that is Irish, especially the music and the Claddagh ring with all it's symbolism and meaning. I wear mine every day.

Also my birthday is March 18. I was almost born on St. Patrick's Day. Just missed it.

And I'm quite happy to have warm Spring weather finally start to show up again.

Anyway, one thing about St. Patrick's Day is you have to wear something green, or you'll get pinched. I'm not sure how many people still remember to pinch anyone who isn't wearing green, but that's what's supposed to happen.

I have a few green things in my shop. I just listed my newest bracelet yesterday:

Green Chainmaille Bracelet

And of course I still have a few other green items:


Green Byzantine Earrings



Green and Yellow Byzantine Earrings
-also nice spring colors ;-)


Green and Orange Byzantine Bracelet
(orange, by the way, is also an Irish color, though not the official one)

Hopefully I'll soon be able to list these earrings as well:


They're all slightly different in the color pattern, but the colors are green and gun metal. I like this type of keys. I actually collect keys like this, and I was happy to find these charms at the craft store.

How soon I get to list these and some other new items depends on budget and other expenses vs. income, since listing fees add up, but I hope I can list these soon. We shall see.

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time -- a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.
-Adrienne Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment