Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday already?

woops, I haven't blogged in a week. I've been busy looking for a job, helping my boyfriend move out of his apartment, reading about craft blogging and SEO, and stuff and things and all that. My boyfriend is a gamer and he got me hooked on this one computer game he gave me and I'm stuck right now trying to fight a boss without dying, and on top of that he's now lending me his PS3 with a game while he's moving and told me to play it and see what I think. But this past week I've been mostly working on other stuff. I played the PS3 game for about an hour this week and that's it.

Face to Face

I found out a couple days ago that my Christian rock ministry can no longer play or practice at the church we've been using for the last 7 years, so we have to find other places. So far the other places we have are in Azle, which is a slight problem for me because it's half an hour away (assuming I can find the place), and I have a very old and beat up car and very little gas money. But we'll see how things work out. Right now I'm just sad we have to move but happy that we're not quitting.

Chainmaille

I finished the silver handflower and the necklace, I'll put pictures up as soon as I get some taken. Now I'm working on a gold (brass) handflower, and I'm thinking of making a brass and blue-copper ring for myself to hold the place of my lost class ring, since my school colors are (were) blue and gold. but I don't have enough rings or wire for that right now so I'll have to do it later. I do have some 26 gauge blue wire and I wonder if I can try to make some micromaille. I wonder if a toothpick will make the right size rings. and should I use tweezers instead of pliers? hmm probably. this is definitely something to think about trying. I also have 32guage silver wire, I wonder if I can do anything with that. hmmm.

Improved Blogging

As I mentioned I've been reading about writing good blogs, and I'm planning on trying to actually do it. Today is just a quick update though. I was about to post one more of those "points about chainmaille" videos, but I think this post is long enough. Although it would be better with some pictures or something.

ah, here's a really nice photo I took in my backyard:


ok, hopefully next week I will blog about the finished necklace, post the last "points about chainmaille" video, and then start writing better blog posts about handflowers and chainmaille.

No comments:

Post a Comment